The 1st CINet survey
One of the joint activities of the CINet is its surveys. The first survey was conducted in 1996/1997 in Australia, Denmark, Finland, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and the United Kingdom. The study involved 1029 companies representing a wide range of industry sectors such as foundries, metal parts, machinery, transport equipment, electrical, optical and measuring equipment, food and drinks, and process and bulk industries.
The survey asked questions about the following broad categories:
- General information about the company (ISIC code, product, profitability, turnover, size, organisational aspects).
Previous experience with change projects.
- Experience with CI (starting year, progress made, maturity level).
- CI strategy and motives.
- Organisation of CI, including tasks and responsibilities (management, workers), use of teams, involvement.
- The application and perceived importance of CI methods and tools.
- CI enablers.
- Effects of CI on internal and market-related performance.
The survey results were published in Boer, H., A. Berger, R. Chapman and F. Gertsen (eds.), CI changes: from suggestion box to organisational learning. Continuous improvement in Europe and Australia, Ashgate, Aldershot, 2000. The executive summary comprises the main findings. CINet members can download this book for free.
The 2nd CINet survey was prepared in 2002 and launched in 2003.
14th PhD Seminar
16-20 April 2018
18th PhD Workshop
8-11 September 2018
10th CIYA workshop
9 September 2018
19th CINet Conference
9-11 September 2018