Special session on innovation and resiliance
The conference includes elements that directly connect to emerging societal issues in the face of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. A special session on the intersection between innovation and resilience, i.e. organizational responses to external threats, will be organized. The session will discuss and stimulate new research avenues and knowledge on how innovation management approaches are interlinked with resilience in organizations and how resilience can become a focal aspect in these approaches and innovation outcomes.
Agenda of the session (1,5h)
- Introduction – status quo and relevance of resilience and innovation
- Inspirations from guest speakers:
- Nicolette Lakemond and Gunnar Holmberg: Continuous innovation for resilience - The presentation addresses the importance of resilience in complex systems and critical infrastructure (such as healthcare) and explains how continuous innovation can contribute to and drives resilience and what the implications are for our innovation management discipline.
- René Rohrbeck: Foresight - Finding opportunity in crisis
- Mats Magnusson: Resilience, innovation and management decisions
- Discussion and workshop