Continuous Improvement Using Information Technology Towards Excellence
Start date: August 1997
End date: July 1999
Duration: 24 months
- TASIS Ltd, Athens, Greece
- University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
- Hellenic Management Association (HMA), Athens, Greece
- Rotaforme, Manchester, United Kingdom
- Corinth Pipeworks S.A. (CPW), Corinth, Greece
Aim of the project
CUTE was an ESPRIT R&D project (4th Framework) focused on improving the performance of SME companies through the application of Continuous Improvement concepts and tools. The project was completed in July 1999. Its main objective was to develop an IT based methodology for the encouragement and guidance of continuous improvement (CI) initiatives within business processes for smaller companies.
- The CUTE workbook. It provides a practical, step-by-step description of the CUTE methodology for Continuous Improvement together with examples and references to supportive tools.
- The CUTE software system, which is based on the methodology and which supports SMEs to monitor, analyse and improve their business performance. It consists of a business definition (modeling) system, a self-assessment and improvement planning system, an interactive tutorial and a what-if analysis system. It is supported by a performance monitoring module.
Please contact Harry Boer for further information.
19th PhD Workshop
6-10 September 2019
10th CIYA Workshop
8 September 2019
20th CINet Conference
8-10 September 2019
16th PhD Seminar
20-24 April 2020