Why – continuous innovation
The future wealth and well being of individuals, companies and society as a whole depend a great deal on continuous innovation. Successful continuous innovation leads to sustained high performance and requires organizations to combine, at the same time, all the time:
- Operational excellence: satisfying today’s stakeholders, including owners/shareholders, employees, customers and suppliers, and society as a whole.
- Innovation excellence: developing new products/services, processes, managerial and organizational systems and practices, and markets all the time, to satisfy tomorrow’s stakeholders.
- Strategic excellence: making the right strategic choices.
Achieving and sustaining continuous innovation excellence requires company-wide involvement and commitment, cross-departmental and inter-organisational collaboration, ongoing learning (and unlearning), and deep insight into the process of continuous innovation.
Continuous innovation is an essentially cross-disciplinary field of research. Recognizing that none of them can cover the field on their own, the CINet members see the network as a major vehicle for collaboration required for developing and furthering the area.
What – research products
The research products of the CINet include:
- Fundamental knowledge on the process, organization, management of continuous innovation.
- Translation of that knowledge into practical management theories.
- Research methods and tools.
The products are 'marketed' and disseminated through:
- Individual and joint publications in academic and practitioner journals.
- Conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Training programs, CINet's own PhD workshop, PhD seminar and young academics workshop.
How – research process
Key characteristics of the research process are:
- Empirical, relevant, rigorous and robust, with the potential to make a genuine contribution to the ongoing development of theory, method and managerial practice.
- Collaborative, jointly with other participants in the CINet and together with companies.
14th PhD Seminar
16-20 April 2018
18th PhD Workshop
8-11 September 2018
10th CIYA workshop
9 September 2018
19th CINet Conference
9-11 September 2018